Sunday, September 5, 2010

"Your Only Inadequacy Is Your Thoughts Of Inadequacy."



“You’re only as inadequate as you feel,” I whispered to myself while riding the shuttle to church this morning. After a bit of a rocky start, I felt myself heading to the down swing while getting ready for church. I knew it was coming since I cringed at a picture someone took of me yesterday. I sincerely tried not to think of myself as hideous but that was a fail. :-/ Oh well, dust yourself off and try again.

So all day I’ve been combating the random thoughts while ducking mirrors, unless necessary, and even then I sigh sadly on the inside and move on. But the thought that popped in my head this morning while riding the shuttle to church remained persistent. “Your only inadequacy is the fact that you think you’re inadequate.” A small jolt went through my brain every time I reminisce on that thought.

According to dictionary.com, inadequate means lacking the quality or quantity required. The only place where I think my inadequacy lies is in my looks. Not my brains or brawn. =D But sometimes I feel like my brains or brawn is not appreciated because of my lack of good looks to compliment them - as though I have depreciated in value because the packaging isn’t aesthetically appeasing to the eye.

But for somebody, somewhere my intelligence, common sense, personality and beauty (yes, beauty!) is MORE than adequate. And that person won’t come until I can see just how much of a transcendental beauty I really am…but until then I’ll keep repeating it until it sinks and I actually believe it…"Your ONLY inadequacy is YOUR thoughts of inadequacy. Your ONLY inadequacy is…”

I’m taking this thing by the horns.

J’liv.

No comments:

Post a Comment