Saturday, February 5, 2011

Thinking of Yesteryear



For the past 24 or so hours I’ve been reminiscing of my 17 year old self which was 60lbs lighter, clearer skin, and much longer hair. I don’t hate myself or my looks right now but I’m not exactly pleased with them either. I’ve been working out and I understand that the weight just won’t disappear but I keep wishing that I would wake up a few pounds lighter each day. I just wanna look and feel like that girl I used to be. My joints hurt, probably from the stress of the weight. I’m always tired, probably because of the amount of weight. No matter how much I dress up, put on makeup or do my nails I still feel sub par. “If you don’t like what you look like then change it.” Yea, I’ve heard that before. But the patience for change is few and far in between. So in the interim I sit and reminisce… of what I used to be…of what I’m waiting and working to become…

No comments:

Post a Comment